Finally I knew. As she lay there drowning in her own blood, I stood by, a silent spectator, quietly enjoying the gruesome show of gore unfolding before me in the still of the night. The accidental bullet from my gun had caught her square in the chest, bursting her lungs open. Blood sprouted out of her lungs like a sprinkler as she struggled for breath. She writhed in agony for a full minute before life finally went out of her. Her face looked contorted, lending the ambience a ghostly feel. I touched the muzzle of my gun. It felt warm. And I felt liberated; free from the shackles of my conscience. Now that it was over, I felt myself cleansed through and through. I now knew what I was meant to be. The message was loud and clear. There was only one thing which could quench my lingering thirst.
Blood…….
I had been ‘BORN TO KILL’
No comments:
Post a Comment