Past the shining candles of the Present I rush
In pursuit of fleeting glory,
That one day I might see the fruits of labour
Before life fades away into a silent hush.
I run from voices of the past
They who warn me of the dangers ahead
The dangers of an untraded path,
Still I run,I run breathless, I ran fast.
I run to catch her tail,
The billowing gown of Lady Luck,
She is cunning, She is deceptive,
But I am game too, I am not frail.
One day I will reach there at last,
The Promised Land of untold riches.
Until then I run, run as fast as I can,
With a passion bred of the dreams of the past.
In pursuit of fleeting glory,
That one day I might see the fruits of labour
Before life fades away into a silent hush.
I run from voices of the past
They who warn me of the dangers ahead
The dangers of an untraded path,
Still I run,I run breathless, I ran fast.
I run to catch her tail,
The billowing gown of Lady Luck,
She is cunning, She is deceptive,
But I am game too, I am not frail.
One day I will reach there at last,
The Promised Land of untold riches.
Until then I run, run as fast as I can,
With a passion bred of the dreams of the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment