Monday, May 2, 2011

Maa....

What is Ma? I had often asked myself. The woman I still ran to at the slightest want of warmth was for me still a mystery to define until recently. And then I thought “Screw all conventional definitions. I am going to define Ma from my own heart. Ma is that feeling when I am lonely and desperately want a hug. Ma is that assurance I always give myself before I do something stupid. Ma is that shelter which I know will always be for me even when the whole world tries to desecrate me. Ma is that patience which will always forgive my mistakes. Ma is that magic hand from which pops something magical every time my tummy yearns for food. Ma is that blind eye to all my shortcomings. To her I am the best no matter how much you all disagree. Ma is that epitome of attention who will always listen to whatever I blabber. Ma is that clockwork who I know will always re-arrange my clothes and books no matter which corner of the earth they will grace. Ma is that smell for me which I get first on reaching home after an exhaustive journey. Ma is that out-of the world indefinable entity which an asshole like me is trying to define at 4:00 a.m in the morning instead of catching up on some sleep. By the way I ain’t on a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment